Skip to main content

Worst movie seen after a long time...

The idea of watching a movie struct early in the morning, though it was Monday! Of course, at the back of the mind, the Bandh must have played a bigger role. Anyway, we as a family went out for "We Are Family"!

I am not a serious film critique, neither a great movie watcher. But, I do watch lots of movies, starting from Hindi Commercial hits to English hits - whenever I find time and a good movie. I believe that every movie has its own mood. You need to understand that and tune your expectations as per that. You probably cannot expect a very serious thought provoking movie from Govinda or Akshay or a comic star!

But, this movie "We are Family" defies everything. I did calibrate (at least I tried while I watched!) my expectations, but could not find ways to get anything out of it. It seems there is no storyline at all.. - at least I could not find anything. The cast was strong, but the acting was such that it always reminds you that you are watching a movie. Arjun tried his level best, but the other two ladies were just not fitting into the overall storyline. Director could not complete not even a single character - not a single character got the completeness. After being divorced for three years, don't know why Arjun was behind that lady from the very second scene!

Karan Johar's films are particularly moody - doesn't keep an impression in you once you are out of the hall. But this one failed at everything. The story seems to circle around only three character - A, K & K and the children. No office colleague, no friends, none. I did not know, how Kajol used to live her life, was she working in any office? At times, it also a bit unnatural for children to cling to their mother so much, day after day, & that too in NSW, Australia!

The last nail in the coffin was the soundtrack! Unnecessarily loud - was not at all matching with the subtleness of the scenes.

It is still a long way for Karan before he could come up a complete movie. But every failure is probably a stepping stone for reaching towards success. So till the next movie of Karan, lets wait and wait (watch).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to buy a Car (Basic steps for buying a car)

Questions that I typically get:  How do I buy a car?  How do I buy a car without being cheated? How do I ensure a good deal? Is there a check-list for buying a car? Hello Readers, I will not start how you should select a car, how you finalise the features you should have in your car, or even which car is best for you - these decisions I leave with you. But, on the other hand, let me tell you, what the ideal steps are for actually buying a car. And answer all the above questions! To be frank, it is actually simple - Select a car/model/variant, Pay the money, Drive away with your new car. Yes, it is surely that simple, but let me add a few steps so that you get absolute value for your money. A few terms: Make: Manufacturer e.g. Maruti Suzuki, Ford, Honda etc Model :Model of the car e.g. Alto, Ertiga, Figo, Amaze etc Variant : Particular model of choice e.g. Maruti Suzuki Ertiga SXi So, let me start when you have selected the Make and the Model of the ...

Far away from family

Far away from my family.. I am in now US..in the Kentucky state. Need to maintain a delicate balance between the project, client and family back in India - wish I could go back! The good news is, that the project is still going smooth and team is geared up to complete the assignments well within time. Well, I am excited too!

Save from your Insurance - How to buy a Car (Basic Steps of Buying a New Car)

Hello Readers , In the previous blogs regarding the basic steps of buying a new car, I discussed about how one should deal with the dealer and then make the payments. In this section, we would go over a little detail on how you can save few thousands of rupees from insurance - Yes! Savings from Insurance . Let us discuss in detail. As I mentioned, it is good to go for B2B or Zero Dep (depreciation) insurance for your new car. For a Rs 10 Lakh car, you may need to shell out Rs 4500 additional for your B2B. That gives you a lot of peace of mind. Now the savings part; and follow the same so that you get an opportunity to save. A. Choosing the Insurance Company: Every dealer has one or more an insurance agents attached to them - these agents can be from private general insurance (specifically car insurance) companies or from nationalised insurance companies like National Insurance, SBI General Insurance etc. 1. Please get the name of insurance companies and then you...